Young Professional Scholarship
Young Professional Scholarship Nominations
Nominations Now Open!
|Young Professional Scholarship applications close||
|Early Bird Registration closed||
|Standard Registration open||
|Young Professional Scholarship outcomes advised||
Scholarships will be awarded to young professionals working towards or already employed in the rail sector, including tertiary students or recent graduates (with less than 3 years full time employment) to attend CORE 2021 in Perth, Australia.
- Information on cutting edge rail technology
- Diverse program of high-quality technical papers including Rollingstock, Signalling, Communications and Electrical Engineering, Safety and Risk, Systems and Management and Wheel Rail Interface
- Professional Development attendance certificate for CV
- Networking opportunities
Nominations are now open for those with an interest in the rail industry from:
- Project Management and Planning
- Business and Commerce
- Spatial Sciences
Successful applicants receive:
CORE 2021 Conference registration including:
- Access to conference sessions
- Icebreaker with fellow award recipients, RTSA Executive and sponsors prior to Welcome Reception Monday 21 June
- Ticket to Welcome Reception Monday 21 June
- Delegate registration pack including program handbook, delegate bag, name badge and conference proceedings on USB
Top Tier Awardees – Only 3 Awards:
(judged based on the quality of the Main Application)
In addition to the above
- Ticket to the WSP Gala Dinner
- RTSA Membership paid for one year
- 5-minute presentation at a special plenary session during CORE 2021 (based on the content of your Main Application). You will actually be in the CORE 2021 program!
Emerging Young Professional Award:
(selected from the Top Tier Awards)
The Top Tier Awardee’s presentations will be voted for by delegates via the Conference App and judged as the Emerging Young Professional of CORE 2021 and will receive:
- Recognition and acknowledgement as the CORE 2021 Emerging Young Professional and award Registration fee paid for the next CORE event – you essentially receive a double scholarship!
- At the next CORE (if you can attend) you will be required to make a presentation to the Young Professional Scholarship Group
- Attendees of 2021, and present the award for the Emerging Young Professional at the next CORE event
Successful applicants will be required to fund their own travel and accommodation to attend the Conference. Tickets to the WSP Gala Dinner are available at additional cost.
Nominees will be required to submit the following information at time of nomination.
- Relevant Degree(s)/Qualification(s)
- University or other Institution where you will receive/received your degree/qualification
- Year completed Degree/ Qualification or will complete
In a maximum of 150 words provide your most recent work experience (professional or student) position, organisation, period and a brief overview of role
What are the main reasons for wanting to attend CORE 2021? (maximum 150 words)
Your leadership, initiative and problem-solving skills, and how they are/or intending to contribute to the rail industry in the future
Choose any area of the rail industry and identify an aspect that you believe could be improved or refined using an engineering approach. It can be any area of your choosing e.g. materials, processes, operations, mechanical, rail, rolling stock, wheel-rail interface etc. Your idea does not need to be deeply technical – it is simply your opportunity to show some engineering ideas.
In less than 500 words:
- Describe your idea.
- How it could go towards improving an area in the rail industry; and
- Possible limitations
For further information on the Young Professional Scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 March 2021